Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Self Improvement - Don't Trust Upon Your Own Efforts in Pursuit of Your Life Direction; Trust God's Will Instead

Looking Back at My Beginning

 
I remember when I was a nineteen year old college freshman in 1978 in figure drawing class when I listened to our instructor talking in general terms about where each of us was headed in our art careers.  At the time, I aspired to train to become a graphic designer.  When it came for him to address where I was headed, a classmate of mine and myself were categorized as "struggling for a direction." 

I guess he was right.  I had chosen a major that I thought I had aptitude for and risked to invest the next four years of my life in that path.  I graduated with the BFA in graphic design in 1981 from the University of Miami. 
 

Later On

 
I didn't stay with it.  I had some issues with doing paste ups which is what all aspiring graphic designers have to begin with when starting work anywhere.  I wasn't any good at it and besides, I wanted to be an illustrator.  So the gatekeeping job kept me out. 
.
As time passed, I realized that perhaps I had chosen the wrong major and went on to other things such as sales associate, payroll technician, billing clerk, mail room clerk, and now, scanning clerk.  It's okay though because I realized that I like writing more than doing visual art for a living.
 

When I Came to Myself

 
For a long while, I did stumble from dead end in life to dead end in life.  I got impatient, angry, frustrated, etc.  Then, a few years ago, I chose to be still and know that God is God, my God.  Why not just trust God with His will and His plan for my life. 

I had gone every which way I thought would work and nothing did.  I had trusted in self effort, other peoples' exhortations, whatever.  Now, I decided to shut up my train of nonstop thoughts running around like some chicken without a head and just trust God to decide my life path for me.
 

Learning the Path to True Satisfaction

 
What I believe God wills for me is to stay put for now at my place of work, just do my work, my daily tasks, edify my skills if I like such as in blogging and writing, and just live, trust His hand to hold me in it, and stop worrying. 

But more than anything, stop looking for gurus to make decisions for me, and if I find myself at a loss, ask God for more wisdom, more understanding. But more important than everything else, I am to Trust God
 

Purpose for Sharing and Exhortation

 
This article works to help you stop laboring, stop struggling for a direction, stop going crazy in trying to get your act together on your own efforts.  All you're going to end up doing if you're not naturally a  go-getting is that you'll probably burn out and get tempted to just sit out the rest of your life.
 
Don't do that.  Instead go to God, ask for wisdom, ask for more understanding, ask Him in prayer and meditation, and fast if you need to, for Him to share His divine and perfect plans for your life - with you. 

You will be satisfied.  You will be better off.  I did this. I followed my advice, the advice I'm sharing with you.  It worked for me.  It will work for you.

 

Foundation Principle

 
If you want some Scriptural evidence that what is being said is valid, I got some right here below for you.
 
5.   Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.
 
6    For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh; but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land and not inhabited.
 
7    Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.
 
8    For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.
 
Jeremiah 17: 5-8

No comments:

Post a Comment