Saturday, May 19, 2018

A Post of Thanksgiving

A Post of Thanksgiving

I'd be an ingrate if I didn't write this post.

Let's see how I can narrate this. 

I work as the Public Defender's Mailroom Clerk which is a State of Florida agency and those of us working as state employees are paid on a monthly basis, once per month.  Now, a mailroom clerk does not net all that much and expenses afflict me as they afflict all others. 

In a month of 31 days, if you've spent most of your money sometime in the middle of it, you won't see any more until the whole month.

This month I had some extra expenses and so by now, this week, I was quite stretched. 

I'm also a Christian. And I have no qualms about asking God for help when I'm in trouble, especially financial trouble. 

At the end of this week, when I found myself the most tightly stretched in my pocketbook, I was pulled out of the whole by the Lord.

How?

Let me backwalk you a little bit, to the year 2010. I was between jobs. The job I had been laid off from had provided me healthcare insurance. The job I have now provides healthcare insurance also.

When I was between jobs, I had to pay my own insurance premiums. I used a good portion of my unemployment benefits to pay those premiums. 

After I got hired by the employer I have now, I was able to say goodbye to that insurance company policy since I would not need it.  The money I had paid that insurance company during that period piled up in my name. 

Guess where the pulled me out the hole came from!

I got a petty cash amount of money, less than $100, to help me with gas and with lunch for this week or so. It was a relief.  The money came from that insurance company since they had done an accounting of unused money and so I got it yesterday.  By the end of this week, that money will already be all used up.

So an insurance policy I had premiums on back in 2010, about eight years ago, came through for me this week when I was really broke and needed relief.  That could not have been a coincidence.  It had to have been God alone who orchestrated all the pieces together to pull me out of the financial pit I was in.

I write to you all because many of you find yourselves in pits and if you put your faith in God to pull you out, He will - if you trust Him. 

Trust Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment